NYCS First Impression: Jimmie Allen ‘Mercury Lane’
Last November, during our Swag Session with Jimmie Allen, we said we couldn’t wait to watch his career blossom, as he garnered more and more fans and mainstream success. Today (10/12) marks an incredible milestone for the singer-songwriter. His debut album, Mercury Lane is now available everywhere music is sold. Mercury Lane is truly a passion project for the singer. The record shows perseverance and versatility, two characteristics that describe Allen too. It is clearly personal to the Stoney Creek Records recording artist, as the record is named after the street in Delaware, where he grew up and learned the lessons that have led him to this point in his career.
The record is a complete body of work, offering a song for all music lovers. Allen, who NYCountry Swag named a 2018 Artist to Watch, adds some flavor to mainstream country music, mixing in some rock, pop, and R&B influences into the album, produced by Ash Bowers and Eric Torres. From love songs to inspiring songs to songs to drink to, the singer is proving that he is the full package. The recording artist co-wrote on eight of the fifteen tracks, including “Make Me Want To,” Back of Your Mind,” and his hit single, “Best Shot,” with some of Nashville’s hottest songwriters.
Each track shows a different part of the singer’s personality and range as a vocalist, songwriter, and as a human being. “Deserve To Be,” one of the slower songs on the record tells the story from Allen’s perspective about a girl, who deserves to have the most fulfilling life and be treated like someone’s “world.” The track is sure to resonate with the millions of fans, who already fell in love with the lead single “Best Shot”, which is climbing up the charts. The singer expresses another side of his personality with “Underdogs.” With its catchy hook and smooth beat, the song is bound to be a fan favorite. It is Allen’s take on an anthem for people, who are different, and trying to push through adversity. Although the singer didn’t write this one, we can see how the lyrics relate to his 10-year journey to ‘make it’ in the music industry.
If you’re looking for a new tailgate song, don’t worry, Mercury Lane has that too. The soulful track, “County Lines,” which Allen recently released a lyric video for, is sure to become a staple at summer tailgates. “County Lines” has an R&B vibe, with a catchy chorus that keeps listeners wanting to tap their toes and sing along from first listen.
Following the release, the Delaware native announced via his Twitter, three album listening parties, beginning in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on October 14th. After a short stint in the U.K. with Chase Rice, Allen will embark on Scotty McCreery’s tour, which hits New York on January 26th and Kane Brown’s tour in November, where he will definitely be playing music off his new record.
Mercury Lane Track List & Songwriters:
- “American Heartbreaker” — (Jimmie Allen, Lance Miller, Chris Stevens, Ash Bowers)
- “Make Me Want To” — (Jimmie Allen, Paul Sikes, Jennifer Denmark)
- “Deserve to Be” — (Jimmie Allen, Danielle Blakey, Tripp Howell)
- “How to Be Single” — (Natalie Hemby, Shane McAnally, Jimmy Robbins)
- “Wait for It” — (Ash Bowers, Thom McHugh, Steve Williams)
- “High Life” — (Lance Miller, Brett Warren, Brad Warren, Chris Stevens)
- “21” — (Brandon Hood, Josh Jenkins, Ash Bowers)
- “Underdogs” — (Ash Bowers, Brandon Lay, Jonathan Singleton)
- “Like You Do” — (Jimmie Allen, JP Williams, Josh London, Jason Mizell)
- “Back of Your Mind” — (Jimmie Allen, Matthew McVaney, Devin Tolentino)
- “Boy Gets a Truck” — (Ash Bowers, Aaron Scherz)
- “County Lines” — (Brett Tyler, Ben Burgess, Matt Dragstrem)
- “Best Shot” — (Jimmie Allen, Josh London, JP Williams)
- “Warrior” — (Jimmie Allen, Casey Beathard, Ash Bowers)
- “All Tractors Ain’t Green” — (Jimmie Allen, Brandon Hood, Tim Nichols)
Mercury Lane is now available everywhere you buy or stream music. Take a listen below and check out more new recently released music here on our ‘New Country Music’ playlist. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix.
For future tour information, upcoming news and announcements from Jimmie Allen, visit jimmieallenmusic.com, and follow the rising star on his journey via Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank You for supporting Country Music in NYC & Beyond!
Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Up here
for ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests, upcoming events,
and all things country music in the New York metro area and beyond!
+ Follow our country music adventures on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook: