Morgan Wallen announces new album, One Thing At A Time and shares three new songs as instant gratification tracks. Learn more here.
After announcing his first-ever arena tour, Morgan Wallen is readying fans for album number three, One Thing A Time. The massive 36-song project is slated to be released on March 3rd. To mark the momentous occasion, Wallen is sharing three new songs for all fans who preorder the record. Amongst the three new songs are, “Last Night,” “Everything I Love,” and “I Wrote the Book.”
Each of the three new songs showcase a different side of Wallen’s personality and artistry. “Last Night,” one of the few outside cuts on the record paints the story of fighting with your partner while drinking. Despite the concept, the song comes across as confident and sexy, while the tempo begs for fans to sing along.
“Everything I Love” is the most true-blue country of the three new songs. The relatable track is about everything you love and every place that is yours being tainted by an ex who no longer loves you. While the story might be melancholy, the banjos and the instrumentals make for a fun, bluesy song.
Finally, “I Wrote The Book,” written by Wallen with HARDY and Cameron Montgomery, is quite possibly the most Wallen song of the releases. The singer teased the track earlier this month, which led to fans begging for its release. “I Wrote The Book” is a honest depiction of a man just trying to walk a straight line, despite temptation. Something tells us that Wallen wrote this one from experience.
Wallen shared about the record in a recent press release.“This record represents the last few years of my life, the highs and the lows. It also brings together the musical influences that have shaped me as an artist – country, alternative and hip-hop,” shared the singer.
“There are 36 songs on this album because we just kept exploring with fresh lyrics, music, and production ideas and these are the songs that felt right to me. It was a blast to create, and I was so grateful to be back in the studio to lay this out for my fans. I just try to tell it how it is – the good, the bad, the love, the heartbreak. That’s all I know how to do.”
Wallen finishes his statement with the sentiment, “My hope is that this album makes my fans proud; makes ‘em laugh, smirk, cry, and think – just like it did for me.”
Fans can expect the project to be full of A-list writers and collaborators. Artists and songwriters like HARDY, Devin Dawson, Ernest, and Travis Denning all have cuts on the record. Wallen also features HARDY, Ernest, and Eric Church on respective songs.
Check back on March 3rd for our full review of Wallen’s One Thing At A Time album.
One Thing At A Time Track List:
- “Born with a Beer in My Hand” (Morgan Wallen, Zach Abend, Michael Hardy)
- “Last Night” (John Byron, Ashley Gorley, Jacob Kasher Hindlin, Ryan Vojtesak)
- “Everything I Love (Wallen, Gorley, Ernest K. Smith, Vojtesak)
- “Man Made a Bar” (Feat. Eric Church) (Rocky Block, Jordan Dozzi, Larry Fleet, Brett Tyler)
- “Devil Don’t Know” (Travis Denning, Jared Mullins, Ben Stennis)
- “One Thing at a Time” (Gorley, Smith, Vojtesak, Wallen)
- “’98 Braves” (Byron, Josh Miller, Travis Wood)
- “Ain’t That Some” (Chris LaCorte, Chase McGill, Josh Miller, Blake Pendergrass)
- “I Wrote the Book” (Wallen, Hardy, Cameron Montgomery)
- “Tennessee Numbers” (Minton, Pendergrass, Wood)
- “Hope That’s True” (Wallen, Smith, Vojtesak)
- “Whiskey Friends” (Wallen, Gorley, Jonathan Hoskins, Smith, Josh Thompson, Vojtesak
- “Sunrise” (Byron, Pendergrass)
- “Keith Whitley” (Thomas Archer, Brad Clawson, Mullins)
- “In the Bible” (Feat. Hardy) (Byron, Jeff Garrison, Jon Hall, Johnson, Geoffrey Warburton)
- “You Proof” (Wallen, Gorley, Smith, Vojtesak)
- “Thought You Should Know” (Wallen, Michelle Galyon, Miranda Lambert)
- “F150-50” (Mullins, John Pierce, Stennis)
- “Neon Star (Country Boy Lullaby)” (Wallen, Smith, Thompson, Vojtesak)
- “I Deserve a Drink” (Byron, Devin Dawson, Jacob Durrett, Hillary Lindsey)
- “Wine Into Water” (Bryon, Matt Jenkins, Pendergrass)
- “Me + All Your Reasons” (Wallen, Gorley, Smith, Vojtesak)
- “Tennessee Fan” (Wallen, Gorley, Smith, Vojtesak)
- “Money on Me” (Michael Lotten, Pendergrass, Matt Roy)
- “Thinking’ Bout Me” (Byron, Gorley, Taylor Phillips, Vojtesak)
- “Single Than She Was” (Byron, Ben Johnson, Vojtesak)
- “Days That End in Why” (Byron, Pendergrass, Driver Williams)
- “Last Drive Down Main” (Jerry Flowers, Ryan Hurd, Lotten)
- “Me to Me” (Wallen, Gorley, Smith Vojtesak)
- “Don’t Think Jesus” (Jessi Alexander, Mark Holman, McGill)
- “180 (Lifestyle)” (Block, Gorley, Holman, Pendergrass, Smith Vojtesak)
- “Had It” (Block, Alex Eskeerdo Izquiedo, Vajtesak)
- “Cowgirls” (Feat. Ernest) (Block, Gorley, James Maddocks, Smith, Vjjtesak)
- “Good Girl Gone Missin’” (Wallen, Gorley, Maddocks, Smith, Vojtesak)
- “Outlook” (Wallen, Clawson, Hyde)
- “Dying Man” (Johnson, Pendergrass, Thompson)
Fans can join our Weekly Round-Up e-newsletter here, for the latest in country music and more news about future Morgan Wallen releases.
“One Thing At A Time,” “Days That End In Why,” and “Tennessee Fan” are now available everywhere you buy or stream music. Take a listen below and check out more new recently released music here on our ‘New Country Music’ playlist. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix.