Parmalee’s brand new deluxe album, For You 2 is out now, September 22nd on all streaming platforms. Listen to the new music below.
Over two years since the July 2021 release of their album, For You, Parmalee is back with a deluxe edition, out now. Released via Stoney Creek Records, For You 2, features five new tracks, including “Girl in Mine” and “Boyfriend.”
For the band, made up of brothers Matt and Scott Thomas, cousin Barry Knox, and friend Josh McSwain, the deluxe version will feature the chart-topping “Girl in Mine,” in addition to the #1 tracks, “Take My Name” and “Just the Way.”
Each of the five new tracks were co-written by Matt, spanning a gamut of emotions, ranging from heartbreak to tongue-in-cheek candor. “Boyfriend” finds them grappling with feelings for a girl who’s with the wrong guy, as they vow to treat her better than he ever could. “You’re in love with a girl who’s getting treated badly and all you can think is if she was yours, you would treat her right and put a ring on her finger,” says Matt. “The melody and production has a bit of a Country-Punk vibe, and I think it’s going to add some fun energy and attitude to our set.”
Likewise, “Girl in Mine” is a super catchy piece of pop country perfection, as Matt professes his love for the special woman in his life. “Baby, you’re the only girl In that picture // In my pocket // On my cell phone when I lock it,” He sings. “It’s all you, no lie // Baby, you’re the only girl in mine.”
The band slows things down on “Gonna Love You,” a rock-tinged piano ballad that’s wedding-ready. Stylistically, the track is much in the same vein as “Yours” by Rusell Dickerson or “From the Ground Up“ by Dan + Shay, and we can smell a mega-smash in Parmalee’s future. “Even if the whole world turns itself against us, I’m gonna love you, I’m gonna love you,” They croon. “Even with my last breath // the last beat in my chest // I’m gonna love you // I’m gonna love you.”
Alternatively, Parmalee struggles with love lost on “Is It Just Me” and “Wish You Never Loved Me.” On the former, they grapple with the breakup, wondering if an ex feels the same. “Do you think that we made a mistake,” Matt sings of the split. “Or is it just me?” Lastly, on the power ballad, boyband-tinged power ballad, “Wish You Never Loved Me,” they once again struggle with moving on from a broken relationship.
“I can’t move on when all I do is miss you // I wish you never loved me at all // Somebody tell me what I’m supposed to do // ‘Cause no one’s ever going to come close to you // Yeah it’s all your fault // If I can’t be with you //I wish you never loved me at all”
Parmalee will be hitting the road with Train this fall, taking their unique blend of country-pop-rock to a whole new audience. “We’re thrilled about the tour with Train, and we’ve been fans of them and their music for a long time,” revealed Matt. “They share a band mentality, just like we do, and I feel like we’re cut from the same cloth in a lot of ways. We’re excited to play our music for their fans.”
For You Track List:
- For You (Matt Thomas, David Fanning, Justin Wilson)
- Just the Way (Matt Thomas, Kevin Bard, Nolan Sipe)
- Backroad Girl (Matt Thomas, Tommy Cecil, Blake Bollinger, Brinley Addington)
- Take My Name (Matt Thomas, Ashley Gorely, David Fanning, Ben Johnson)
- I Do (Tyler Hubbard, Matt Thomas, Corey Crowder, David Fanning)
- Miss You (Michael Tyler, Matthew McGinn, David Fanning)
- Greatest Hits (feat. Fitz) (Matt Thomas, Kevin Bard, Nolan Sipe, Andrew Goldstein, Michael Fitzpatrick)
- Better With You (Matt Thomas, Ashley Gorely, David Fanning)
- Forget You (feat. Avery Anna)” (Matt Thomas, Shane Minor, David Fanning, Thomas Archer)
- Alone Like That (Matt Thomas, Tommy Cecil, David Fanning, James McNair)
- I See You (Matt Thomas, David Fanning, Justin Wilson, Steven McMorran)
- I’ll Take The Chevy (Matt Thomas, Josh McSwain, Barry Knox, Zachary Kale, James McNair, Josh Mirenda)
- For You (Matt Thomas, Barry Knox, Josh McSwain, Scott Thomas, David Fanning)
- *Girl In Mine(Matt Thomas, David Fanning, Ashley Gorley, Casey Brown, Travis Wood)
- *Gonna Love You (Matt Thomas, David Fanning, Abram Dean, Andy Sheridan)
- *Is It Just Me (Matt Thomas, David Fanning, Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson)
- *Boyfriend (Matt Thomas, David Fanning, Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson, Michael Hardy, Hunter Phelps)
- *Wish You Never Loved Me (Matt Thomas, David Fanning, Ashley Gorley, Andy Sheridan)
Country Swag Picks:
- Gonna Love You
- Wish You Never Loved Me
Fans can join our Weekly Round-Up e-newsletter here, for the latest in country music and more news about upcoming Parmalee announcements and releases.
For dates and more, visit the band’s website here.
For You 2 is available everywhere you buy or stream music. Take a listen below and check out more new recently released tunes on our ‘New Country Music’ playlist. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix.