GRAMMY award-winning artist Tim McGraw is back with his 16th studio album. HERE ON EARTH is the superstar’s first solo project in five years since Damn Country Music and takes listeners through a journey of emotive experiences. His most recent project was released in 2017 and was a collaboration with wife Faith Hill titled The Rest of Our Life. Since then, McGraw has been releasing teasers about new music and the full project is finally here.
The title track “LA” opens with a resemblance to an 80s-synth track, sustaining that ambiance throughout the length of the track. The lyrics discuss the cliches of LA while mentally making you feel like you are in the city of angels.
“Chevy Spaceship” starts with a grainy space-launch message with extraterrestrial loops. It compliments a backing piano instrumentation and builds up as the song progresses. The title track “Here On Earth” contains a more uptempo offering than the previous two tracks and couples with “Hard To Stay Mad At” in terms of upbeat, feel-good songs.
“Sheryl Crow” glimpses at McGraw’s rock side and is a love song about the same nostalgic feelings felt about someone and feeling those same feelings hearing Sheryl Crow on the radio for the first time; almost the same perspective as Taylor Swift’s “Tim McGraw.” “7500 OBO” is an offering from today’s traditional country sound and in correlation with the album’s release, the singer released an acoustic version of the song on YouTube as well as a video for Hallelujahville.
Lead single “I Called Mama” serves as a reminder that comforting voices out there are available and one of the best things out there. He sings: “So I stopped off at a Texaco // Bought a Slim Jim and a Coke // Parked out by the water just to watch that river flow // Grabbed my guitar from the back seat // Wrote a song just for me // And I sung it for the blue sky // And a couple live oak trees // I thought of home, grabbed my phone from my pocket // And I called mama.”
Each track highlights the shared experiences that humans feel, something that is so needed during these uncertain times.
HERE ON EARTH is available everywhere you buy or stream music. Take a listen below and check out more new recently released music on our ‘New Country Music’ playlist. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix.
HERE ON EARTH Track List
1. “L.A.” | Carlton Anderson, Shane Minor, Phil O’Donnell
2. “Chevy Spaceship” | Jonny Price
3. “Here On Earth” | Jessie Joe Dillon, Chase McGill, Jon Nite
4. “Damn Sure Do” | Tony Lane, James T. Slater
5. “Hallelujahville” | Tom Douglas, Blake Griffith, Brett Taylor
6. “Good Taste In Women” | Jaren Johnston, Bryan Simpson, Nathan Spicer
7. “Hard To Stay Mad At” | Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Lori McKenna
8. “Sheryl Crow” | Wendell Mobley, Neil Thrasher, Laura Veltz
9. “Not From California” | Levi Hummon, Marcus Hummon, Matt McVaney, Brad Warren, Brett Warren
10. “Hold You Tonight” | Ross Copperman, Jon Nite
11. “7500 OBO” | Matt McGinn, Jennifer Schott, Nathan Spicer
12. “If I Was A Cowboy” | Zack Dyer, Lonnie Lee Fowler, Dave Turnbill
13. “I Called Mama” | Marv Green, Lance Miller, Jimmy Yeary
14. “Gravy” | Andy Albert, Tom Douglas, Allen Shamblin
15. “War Of Art” | Lance Miller, Jeremy Spillman, Brad Warren, Brett Warren
16. “Doggone” | Claire Douglas, Tom Douglas, Jaren Johnston, Aimee Mayo
The Hero Collection by NYCountry Swag is inspired by the men and women of the Fire, Police and Military Departments across the country. A portion of sales from each purchase is donated to different foundations that support our heroes. We are dedicated to honoring their service and remembering their sacrifice.
Thank You for supporting Country Music in NYC & Beyond!
Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Up here
for ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests, upcoming events,
and all things country music in the New York metro area and beyond!