For the first time, since 2017, the country-rock trio, The Cadillac Three have a new album to celebrate! Today marks the release of the dynamic group’s fourth album COUNTRY FUZZ. The long-awaited LP features sixteen tracks that showcase the group’s undeniable talent and versatility, proving that it is a record for many types of country fans.
For fans that love the rowdy side of The Cadillac Three, the new release boasts a few fun-loving hits, including the lead single, “Crackin’ Cold Ones With The Boys” and “Hard Out Here For A Country Boy.” Both tracks lend themselves well to a high-energy live show and get your heart pumping in all the right ways. The latter features both Chris Janson and Travis Tritt. Other songs that scream The Cadillac Three vibes are ”Slow Rollin” and “Heat.”
The Nashville trio’s lead singer, Jaren Johnston shows off his writing chops, solo-writing two of the songs on the project, “Raise Hell” and “Long After Last Call.” While “Raise Hell” is a funky, upbeat tune, “Long After Last Call” features a heartfelt vocal delivery and simple instrumentation. The song may be a surprise to longtime TC3 fans, but it also may be one of their best.
Continuing to infuse elements of funk and soul into their notable county-rock sound, The Cadillac Three added songs like “The Jam” and “Blue El Camino” to their collection. Both songs showcase the trio’s musical mastery, as they play with steel guitars and drums. According to the band “the funkier aspects of this record is where [they] we’re wanting to go, but with big ol’ country hooks,” adding later, “because that is what we’re addicted to from growing up in Nashville. We love country songwriting and huge hooks.”
Other testaments to their exploration as a group include the brilliant “Labels” and “Back Home.” The former is an anthemic song about rejecting labels. The poignant track simply states “nobody wants to be a label” which can refer to many aspects of everyday life as both a human being and an artist. On the other hand, “Back Home” marks the first song the band has ever recorded that they haven’t co-written. Regardless, the nostalgic track, as well as, “Why Ya Gotta Go Out Like That” show a necessary softer side to the trio’s usual hard-hitting sound.
Of course, the trio makes sure to pay homage to whiskey, with two songs dedicated to the liquor, “Jack Daniel’s Heart” and “Whiskey And Smoke.” Both tracks have an enticing, rough-rousing quality to them, as the lead singer offers an interesting take on the widely sung about subject.
Somehow, The Cadillac Three manage to deliver a cohesive project that blurs genre lines, while still remaining true to their distinctly cultivated sound. We commend the passionate trio on their latest release. As the band says perfectly, “it’s not easy to land on something that is your own thing” but somehow they found their sweet spot on this record.
COUNTRY FUZZ is now available everywhere you buy or stream music. Take a listen below and check out more new recently released music here on our ‘New Country Music’ playlist. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix.
COUNTRY FUZZ Tracklist:
- Bar Round Here || Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason, Lori McKenna
- The Jam || Jaren Johnston, Corey Crowder, Brian Kelly, James McNair
- Hard Out Here For A Country Boy (featuring Chris Janson and Travis Tritt) || Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason, Jeremy Stover
- Slow Rollin’ || Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason
- All The Makin’s Of A Saturday Night || Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason, Josh Dunne
- Crackin’ Cold Ones With The Boys || Jaren Johnston, Kelby Ray Caldwell, Neil Mason, Jefferson Mason, Benjamin Dunn, Corey Crowder, Luke Dick
- Labels || Neil Mason, Corey Crowder, Luke Dick
- Raise Hell || Jaren Johnston
- Back Home || James McNair, Chris Thompkins, Craig Wiseman
- Dirt Road Nights || Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason, Jeremy Stover
- Blue El Camino || Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason, Adam James
- Jack Daniels’ Heart || Neil Mason, Josh Dunne
- Why Ya Gotta Go Out Like That || Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason, Ross Copperman
- Heat || Jaren Johnston, Kelby Ray Caldwell, Neil Mason, Jimmy Robbins
- Whiskey And Smoke || Jaren Johnston, Kelby Rae Caldwell, Neil Mason
- Long After Last Call || Jaren Johnston
NYCountry Swag Picks:
- “Why Ya Gotta Go Out Like That”
- “Long After Last Call”
- “Raising Hell”
The Hero Collection by NYCountry Swag is inspired by the men and women of the Fire, Police and Military Departments across the country. A portion of sales from each purchase is donated to different foundations that support our heroes. We are dedicated to honoring their service and remembering their sacrifice.
Thank You for supporting Country Music in NYC & Beyond!
Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Up here
for ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests, upcoming events,
and all things country music in the New York metro area and beyond!