Dan + Shay share brand new music and announce new album, coming this September. Listen to the new music and get all the details here!
After a purposefully quiet couple of months, Dan + Shay are officially back with more new music! On the heels of their ‘The Voice’ announcement, the platimum-selling duo is sharing even more exciting news. Their next studio album, Bigger Houses will be out on September 15th. The record features twelve songs, three of which are available today, including, “Save Me The Trouble,” “Heartbreak On The Map,” and the title track, “Bigger Houses.”
“Some of our records have been more pop or hip-hop/R&B-infused,” shared Dan Smyers, 1/2 of Dan + Shay. “But on this record, I wanted to make tracks that we could hop up at any bar anywhere with our live band and play the songs as they were recorded. Ultimately, this music, this whole album, is something that I’ll be able to look back on in a decade or two and be really proud of the way it turned out.”
Each of the three released songs showcase different parts of the duo’s growing artistry. On, “Save Me The Trouble,” the singers take the listener on a journey both lyrically and melodically. According to the artists, the song was created to get bigger and bigger as the song progresses. “We wanted to have something that was a real moment, and when we started writing this, it felt like it could be something big. I wanted every section to build, and even in the second chorus, when you’re like, ‘Okay, there’s no way it could possibly get any crazier,’ then Shay takes off even further.”
On “Heartbreak On The Map,” Dan + Shay lean into their country roots. The song is poetic and pensive in nature. However, the true standout of the three songs is the title track, “Bigger Houses.” The song is an all too relatable song about the notion that “the grass isn’t always greener on the other side” and sometimes we have to just be present and count our blessings. Dan + Shay cement the notion that life is all about who you love and not what you have.
This sneak peak of the Bigger Houses LP did its job! The singles keep fans excited for more and more music, and it is clear this album is going to be an incredible one for Dan + Shay!
Bigger Houses Track List:
- Breakin’ Up With a Broken Heart – Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley
- Save Me The Trouble – Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Ashley Gorley, Jordan Minton, Jordan Reynolds
- Heartbreak On The Map – Dan Smyers, Jimmy Robbins, Ernest Keith Smith
- Always Gonna Be – Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Ashley Gorley, Jordan Minton, Jordan Reynolds
- For The Both of Us – Dan Smyers, Andy Albert, Jordan Reynolds
- Then Again – Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Andy Albert, Lori McKenna, Jordan Reynolds
- Heaven + Back – Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson
- What Took You So Long – Dan Smyers, Jordan Minton, Jordan Reynolds, Jimmy Robbins
- Missing Someone – Trannie Anderson, Adam Doleac, Dylan Guthro, Gordie Sampson
- We Should Get Married – Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Andy Albert
- Neon Cowgirl – Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Zach Crowell, Jessie Jo Dillon, Ashley Gorley
- Bigger Houses – Dan Smyers, Andy Albert, Jordan Minton, Jordan Reynolds
Fans can join our Weekly Round-Up e-newsletter here, for the latest in country music and more news about future Dan + Shay releases.
“I”m In Love” is now available everywhere you buy or stream music. Take a listen below and check out more new recently released music here on our ‘New Country Music’ playlist. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix.