Nashville’s CMA Fest is right around the corner and thousands will be filling the streets of Music City one of the biggest country music festivals this summer. The best part about CMA Fest is that it offers a little bit of everything in various locations throughout downtown Nashville. No matter what kind of country music fan you are, there is something for you to enjoy. Aside from the old school country and mainstream country music that you hear on the radio, there are plenty of rising artists that are a must see. Every artist starts somewhere and to be able to witness the journey of an artist rising to the top is truly magical.
1. King Calaway – This Nashville based rising group was first introduced to our followers in January when we hosted their sold-out exclusive show here in NYC. Since then, their popularity has been rising immensely. Their debut single “World for Two” was the first song released from their debut self-titled EP and became the most added song at country radio. King Calaway will be at CMA June 6th, at the HGTV Lodge and the Firestone Country Roads Stage at Ascend Amphitheater. They will also be performing on the Maui Jim Broadway Stage at Bridgestone Plaza on Saturday, June 8th.
Listen: World for Two
Stay Connected: @KingCalaway
2. Seaforth- One of our Swag Spotlights of 2019, this Australian country duo featuring Mitch Thompson and Tom Jordan, are already stealing the hearts of country music fans everywhere. The duo has been friends for over two decades and making music together for what they say ‘seems like forever’. They co-wrote all four songs on their debut EP, including their debut single “Love That” which was added to country radio stations earlier this week. You can catch Seaforth at CMA Fest on Friday, June 7th, at the Chevy Breakout Stage.
Listen: Love That
Stay Connected: @WeAreSeaforth
3. Adam Hambrick– This country newcomer is making a name for himself in the country music industry. The talented singer and songwriter is finding success after the release of his radio single “Rockin’ All Night” and his newly released song “All You, All Night, All Summer.” Hambrick’s smooth vocals and good vibes are a must listen during CMA Fest. You can catch him at the Firestone Country Roads Stage at Ascend Amphitheater on June 7th and on June 9th at the Maui Jim Broadway Stage at Bridgestone Plaza.
Listen: All You, All Night, All Summer
Stay Connected: @AdamHambrick
4. Filmore– This Missouri native has been on the Nashville scene for a few years now and is currently on the rise in the music industry. Filmore was named one of our 2019 Artists to Watch, and if you have not listened to him yet, you are missing out on his undeniable swagger. His cool R&B vibes mixed with country storytelling is what sets him apart from the rest. Some of his hits include “Slower,” “Love That About You,” and “Heart’s Having a Hard Time.” If you are interested in checking him out during CMA Fest, you can catch him on June 8th, at the Chevy Breakout Stage.
Listen: Love That About You
Stay Connected: @FilmoreMusic
5. Brandon Ratcliff– This Louisiana native was our first Swag Spotlight of 2019 and one of our 2019 Artists to Watch. His R&B styled country music is taking the music industry by storm. Ratcliff’s debut single “Rules of Breaking Up” has garnered over 3 million streams on Spotify and is a song that most people can relate to but can also interpret differently. Ratcliff also just came off the Miss Me More tour where he opened up for Kelsea Ballerini and Brett Young. Make sure to check him out on June 8th, at the Chevy Breakout Stage during CMA Fest.
Listen: Rules of Breaking Up
Stay Connected: @BrandonRatcliff
6. Matt Stell– This country newcomer is one of our Swag Spotlights of 2018 and we also hosted him for a Swag Session last summer. He is still receiving praise for his breakout single “Prayed For You” and just released another track “Everywhere But On”. His next EP is set to be released later this week. Stell’s voice is truly amazing and you don’t want to miss seeing him at CMA Fest. You can check him out on June 6th at the Chevy Breakout Stage.
Listen: Prayed for You
Stay Connected: @MattStellMusic
7. Gabby Barrett – If you haven’t heard of Gabby Barrett, she placed third on American Idol season 16. She released her first single “I Hope” at the beginning of the year and she is truly making a name for herself in the industry with a strong voice and powerful lyrics. Country music radio needs more female power and she fits perfectly in that category. You can check her out during CMA Fest on June 6th at the Maui Jim Broadway Stage at Bridgestone Plaza.
Listen: I Hope
Stay Connected: @GabbyBarrett_
8. Lainey Wilson– BBR Music Group’s, Lainey Wilson is a force in the country music genre. She recently opened up for Morgan Wallen on his “If I Know Me Tour” and was a part of CMT’s Next Women of Country class of 2019. Her songs and performances are straightforward and full of raw emotion. Check her out on June 8th at the Maui Jim Broadway Stage at Bridgestone Plaza during CMA Fest.
Listen: Waste of Good Whiskey
Stay Connected: @LaineyWilsonMusic
9. Ingrid Andress– We first introduced Ingrid Andress back in February at an exclusive showcase and we have been loving her ever since. Andress is a lyrical genius, her relatable songwriting strong, and powerful voice are unique. She is a part of the new wave of female country music artists and her career is just getting started. To keep watching her blossom in the music industry, check her out at the Firestone Country Roads State at Ascend Amphitheater on June 8th.
Listen: Lady Like
Stay Connected: @IngridAndress
10. Muscadine Bloodline– Gary Stanton and Charlie Muncaster are natives of Mobile, Alabama and have been performing together since 2016. From the first time the duo ever took the stage, people has been catching on to how talented they are. Having two Billboard charting, critically acclaimed EP’s under their belts, these guys are on the way to even more success. With hits like “Movin’ On,” You on Me,” and “Montgomery” you are in for a treat when you see them live. Check them out on June 7th, at the Chevy Breakout Stage.
Listen: Movin’ On
Stay Connected: @MuscadineBline
Cover photo credit: Matthew Berinato
Thank You for supporting Country Music in NYC & Beyond!
Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Up here
for ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests, upcoming events,
and all things country music in the New York metro area and beyond!