Zac Brown Band shares a new album, From the Road, Vol. 1: Covers, out now, November 10th, on all streaming platforms. Listen to the new music below.
Known for their blistering live performances, intricate harmonies, and incredible instrumentation, Zac Brown Band has always been a special group to see in concert. While the group has previously released two live albums, 2007’s Live from the Rock Bus Tour and 2010’s Pass the Jar, they are back with their biggest live endeavor to date, From The Road, Vol 1: Covers.
On the 13-track album, ZBB bends genres, effortlessly floating from country to rock to rap with a little bit of pop, standards, and yacht-rock thrown in. Recorded over 11 years at an array of iconic venues, including London’s Wembley Arena, Chicago’s Wrigley Field, and Boston’s Fenway Park, the album also pairs the band with collaborators like John Mayer, Marcus King, Darrell Scott, Mark O’Connor Band, and Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler.
Released on frontman Brown’s own label, Home Grown Music, the live album kicks off with the Queen hit everyone knows and can sing along with, “Bohemian Rhapsody.” It’s the perfect introduction to the album, allowing the band’s harmonies to soar over instrumentation that spans genres over the course of one song.
“Neon” with John Mayer is the collection’s oldest performance, recorded in Nashville in 2012. Here, the guitar virtuoso and ZBB mashup the Mayer classic with “Isn’t She Lovely” in a way that manages to be both endlessly impressive yet incredibly seamless.
Other immediate standouts are the band’s take on Kings of Leon’s megahit, “Use Somebody” and their recordings of the show-stopping Beatles hits “With a Little Help from My Friends” and “Eleanor Rigby.” Likewise, their take on the Who’s “Baba O’Riley” is another epic moment that makes listeners feel like they’re on-stage alongside ZBB, this time at Fenway Park.
The tropical-infused “Margaritaville” cover subtly pays tribute to the late, great Jimmy Buffet, while Steven Tyler lends his distinct vocals to “Sweet Emotion.” Both the Allman Brothers’ “Whipping Post,” featuring Marcus King, and “It’s a Great Day to Be Alive” find ZBB right in their wheelhouse, with the country classic perfect for a special live moment.
While ZBB may be most at home on anthemic rock tunes and country classic, they step outside of that box on covers of the Beastie Boys’ classic “Sabotage,” Metallica’s iconic “Enter Sandman,” and Frank Sinatra’s classic, “The Way You Look Tonight.” While these tracks may be outside of the norm for the band, they allow them to share their multifaceted musical skills.
On From The Road, Vol 1: Covers, Zac Brown Band reminds listeners why they’re one of the best live bands in country music, effortlessly fusing incredible harmonies and pristine musicianship across a wide range of artists and genres. We can’t wait for volume two.
From the Road, Vol. 1: Covers Tracklist:
- Bohemian Rhapsody (Live at The SSE Arena, Wembley, London, UK, 09.25.2015)
- Baba O’Riley (Live at Fenway Park, Boston, MA, 08.20.2016)
- Enter Sandman (Live at Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL, 09.14.2014)
- Sabotage (Live at Windy City Smokeout, Chicago, IL, 7.16.2023)
- Sweet Emotion feat. Steven Tyler (Live at Fenway Park, Boston, MA, 08.09.2015)
- Whipping Post feat. Marcus King (Live at Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, 10.17.2021)
- Margaritaville (Live at Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek, Raleigh, NC, 10.05.2023)
- It’s A Great Day To Be Alive feat. Darrell Scott (Live at Fenway Park, Boston, MA, 06.16.2018)
- Eleanor Rigby feat. Darrell Scott & Mark O’Connor Band (Live at Fenway Park, Boston, MA, 06.16.2018)
- With a Little Help From My Friends feat. Darrell Scott & Mark O’Connor Band (Live at Fenway Park, Boston, MA, 06.16.2018)
- Neon feat. John Mayer (Live at the Southern Ground Music and Food Festival, Nashville, TN, 09.22.2012)
- Use Somebody (Live at Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA, 08.25.2019)
- The Way You Look Tonight (Live at Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre, Irvine, CA, 06.04.2016)
Country Swag Picks:
- With A Little Help From My Friends
- Use Somebody
- It’s a Great Day to Be Alive
Fans can join our Weekly Round-Up e-newsletter here, for the latest in country music and more news about upcoming Zac Brown Band announcements and releases.
From The Road, Vol. 1: Covers is available everywhere you buy or stream music. Take a listen below and check out more new recently released tunes on our ‘New Country Music’ playlist. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix.