Throwback Thursday: Faith Hill Songs You May Have Forgotten
Faith Hill is a Grammy award winner and country music artist with multiple hits on country charts, a wonderful mother and wife, in other words, a role model and inspiration for others. She’s also is the only country artist and one of only three artists ever to perform both “The Star Spangled Banner” and “God Bless America” at the Super Bowl.
She’s the voice behind such hits as “Breathe”, “There You’ll Be”, “It Matters To Me”, “The Way You Love Me” and “This Kiss” but do you recall these lesser-known songs filled with all kind of emotions and passion?
- Just About Now – Live in the moment, past is the past, you can’t change it and the future is unknown so the point is to be in the moment. Easier said than done but that’s a recipe for a happy life. “It’s just a moment to moment/ Surviving somehow/ This is not about then/ This is just about now”
- I’ve Got This Friend – Is there anything more heart-melting than a couple who is trying to help their dearest friends to find love? “Maybe in each other/ They might find the lover/ They’ve been missing until now/ They’d trust the judgment of/ Two friends like us who care so much/ Can we get them together, somehow?”
- Better Days – A voice of hope for a better tomorrow. We all wait for better days especially now. One thing in current turbulent moments is sure, better days are coming, maybe sooner than you expect it. “Better days are coming around/ I know you feel like/ The whole world’s gone and let you down, but/ Better days; they’re coming for you/ I know they will/ ‘Cause I’ll be right here making sure they do”
- Me – Everyone’s life goal should be finding someone who you can be yourself around. Let’s be honest each and everyone has flaws, therefore you should find the one who loves you despite all your shortcomings. “Me/ That’s all I have to give/ What you get is what you see, yeah/ No second-guessing, no pretending/ With you, all I ever have to be is me/ All I ever need to be, oh yeah/ All I ever have to be is me”
- That’s How Love Moves – Love is everything, the most precious thing in the world. That’s why everyone craves for it. “It’s such a mystery/ How you found something in me/ That I never knew was there/ But you uncovered it so easily/ You turn me like the season/ And I began to change/ You wrapped your arms around me/ Now I’ll never be the same”
- A Man’s Home Is His Castle – Don’t be fooled by the title it is not another love ballad. It’s a story of abuse in a relationship. It addresses things that are unsaid and hidden. “He said: A man’s home is his castle/ It always has been/ And so it remains./ But he holds the keys in a fist of rage/ His home is his castle/ And mine is a cage”
- If You Ask – In every relationship someone has to be the rock and anchor that helps you to survive stormy days. “When you ask for my forgiveness/ When you call my name, I will come/ When you ask for my love, I will give you some/ In the morning I will get you up/ And I will smile just when you want me to/ ‘Cause I’m, I’m all you have”
- We’ve Got Nothing But Love To Prove – It’s not another love song but it’s a thought-provoking masterpiece. It makes you ask yourself what’s wrong with this world? Why can’t people just be kind to each other? What you can do you make the world around you a better place? The answer is simple: hold the door, say please and thank you, don’t steal, don’t cheat and don’t lie. Be humble and kind, it really makes a difference. “It’s like everything and nothing leads to wisdom/ It’s like no one really means what they say/ While we fight for peace and die for our freedom/ I guess we’ll leave it to our children to find a better way”
- Wish For You – There’s nothing more beautiful in the world than a mother’s unconditional love. Sang with love by a mother. “A field of flowers dancing in the spring/ A little creek, a tree, and old rope swing/ Cotton candy clouds against the blue/ That’s the kind of day I wish for you/ First love with all its storm/ Raging like fire within/ Tossing your heart to chance/ You swear the dance will never end”
- Paris – A beautiful story with slow and soft tunes and velvet voice of Faith Hill. “I’d give this world to you/ Every rock and every stone/ Every masterpiece in Rome/ And if you asked me to/ I’d steal the Mona Lisa/ Tear it up in little pieces/ And lay them at your feet/ For all the world to see/ but tonight I can’t give you Paris”
All of Faith Hill’s songs are incredible. She’s definitely one of the kind. She’s so relatable, grounded and kind. No wonder why Tim McGraw doesn’t want to spend more than three days without her.
To keep up with Faith Hill follow her on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
SHOP THE HERO COLLECTION
The Hero Collection by NYCountry Swag is inspired by the men and women of the Fire, Police and Military Departments across the country. A portion of sales from each purchase is donated to different foundations that support our heroes. We are dedicated to honoring their service and remembering their sacrifice.
Thank You for supporting Country Music in NYC & Beyond!
Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Up here
for ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests, upcoming events,
and all things country music in the New York metro area and beyond!
+ Follow our country music adventures on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook: