Chase Rice: The Album – Full Review | Country Swag
Country singer-songwriter, Chase Rice released three new songs today, May 28th, officially completing his latest ongoing project simply titled, The Album. Rice co-wrote all three new tracks, and eleven of the fifteen total. His current single, “Drinkin’ Beer. Talkin’ God. Amen” featuring Florida Georgia Line was also included and was placed as the album’s closer. Keep reading below as we dive deeper into these new tracks.
The Album started in January of 2020 when Rice surprised his fans with Part I of the project, which contained seven tracks, including the top-15 radio single “Lonely If You Are.” Part II was released last May– nearly a year ago to the date—and contained four tracks such as “Break. Up. Drunk.” and “Belong.” Today, we have the full collection, which includes “The Nights,” “Bedroom,” and “If I Didn’t Have You.”
“It’s crazy to look back now and see the journey this album has taken us on throughout writing and recording it,” Rice noted in a recent press release. “We shared so many of these songs with the fans as they were being written and got their input along the way – so it’s their journey and lives in these, too. I think this new music will always mean a bit more to me since it has carried us all through some strange and uncertain times.”
In “The Nights,” penned by Rice, Zach Kale, and James McNair, he acknowledges the difficulty of moving on from a former relationship. Rice toggles between singing and speaking over a mid-tempo, pop, snap-track beat, recollecting the vulnerable moments between himself and this girl, as it is ironically the only thing that gets him through these tough, lonely nights without her.
“Might run me off the tracks // might drown me in the waves // might make me lose my mind // might send me to the grave // But it gets through the nights, gets me through the days // gets me through the memories I can’t escape”
It’s not a true Chase Rice album without a steamy sex song. He is definitely not shy when it comes to discussing physical intimacy in his music. Ignite the Night had “Ride,” Lambs & Lions had “On Tonight,” and now The Album has “Bedroom,” where the singer confesses his desire for this woman is so strong and the temptation is so unbearable, that they probably won’t even make it to the bedroom, but if they do, it “doesn’t stand a chance.” Rice co-wrote this track with Jimmy Robbins and his good friend, Jon Nite.
“If I know you the way you’re looking at me that way // That we don’t even make it halfway down the hallway // Once you get me how you get me once I got you in my hands, girl // That bedroom don’t stand a chance”
Women often bring out the best qualities of their men. In “If I Didn’t Have You,” Rice praises a particular woman for vastly influencing the man he is today. He lists all the things he would be and wouldn’t have if she wasn’t around. Producers Jonathan Singelton and Robbins included a heavy dose of backing electric and acoustic guitar between the chorus and following verse.
If I didn’t have you I’d be lost on an old lonesome highway, no ride or die by my side // If I didn’t have you I’d be singing the same old truck songs in the same smokey old dives // I’d be red and white stripes with no blue // A drunk-dialing Johnny, no June // If I didn’t have you
After sixteen months, we finally have the complete album. It is easy to see that these tracks were written at different times, as each part represents a different time in Rice’s and our lives. Fans will have the chance to hear the new music live as Rice joins Kane Brown on the NBA arena Blessed & Free Tour at the top of 2022. For a full list of dates and to purchase tickets, click here.
The Album Tracklist:
- American Nights(Kevin Griffin, Martin Johnson, Francois Tetaz; produced by Martin Johnson)
- Lonely If You Are(Chase Rice, Lindsay Rimes, Hunter Phelps)
- Everywhere(Chase Rice, Zachary Kale, James McNair; produced by Zachary Kale)
- Best Night Ever(Chase Rice, Chris DeStefano, Matt Jenkins)
- Messy(Seth Ennis, Kylie Sackley)
- In The Car(Chase Rice, Jesse Rice, Hunter Phelps, Mark Holman)
- Forever To Go(Jordan Minton, Casey Brown, Geoffrey Warburton; produced by Casey Brown)
- You (Chase Rice, Jon Nite, Zach Kale)
9. Break. Up. Drunk.(Chase Rice, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Schmidt)
10. Down Home Runs Deep (Daniel Ross, Michael Hardy, Mike Walker, James McNair)
11. Belong (Chase Rice, Chris DeStefano, Jon Nite)
12. The Nights (Chase Rice, Zach Kale, James McNair; produced by Zach Kale)
- Bedroom (Chase Rice, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins; produced by Corey Crowder)
- If I Didn’t Have You (Chase Rice, Channing Wilson, Jonathan Singleton; produced by Jimmy Robbins & Jonathan Singleton)
- Drinkin’ Beer. Talkin’ God. Amen. featuring Florida Georgia Line(Chase Rice, Hunter Phelps, Cale Dodds, Corey Crowder; produced by Chase Rice, Florida Georgia Line & Corey Crowder)
Fans can join our Weekly Round-Up e-newsletter here, for the latest in country music and more news about future Chase Rice releases.
To keep up with Chase Rice, follow him on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
The Album is available everywhere you buy or stream music. Take a listen below and check out more new recently released music here on our ‘New Country Music’ playlist. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix.