We chatted with country artist Larry Fleet about his brand new album Stack Of Records due out this Friday, September 24th. Here are five things to expect from the project.
- Larry Fleet believes in the power of a song, which is evident on this new record.
“You gotta have something you want to say, and my thing was I just always wrote honest stuff, and tried to keep it simple and honest, I think that has inspired people.”
- The singer co-wrote all fourteen tracks off Stack of Records, but it was not intentional.
“A good song is a good song. There’s so many good songwriters in Nashville, and my thing is, you don’t have to write every song, but it just worked that way. Because I have a different type of writing style and what I’m trying to do is put out honest, simple songs that mean something and connects with people.”
- Fleet did not initially intend to become an artist, but this record puts his artistry out on full display.
“I’ve been writing songs for a long time. I never wanted to be an artist. I just wanted to be a songwriter. That’s where my passion is in the songwriting, so I always take a lot of time and a lot of pride in writing a good song, that’s where it all begins.”
- One of the songs off the record features his now friend and old tour mate, Jon Pardi.
“When I wrote “In Love With My Problems,” I sent it to him and he liked the song. […] When we recorded the song, he was like ‘this song is awesome,’ and I was like come sing it with me.”
- Jamey Johnson also lent his voice to Fleet’s record after a Zoom write led the two to create an incredible song called “Highway Feet.”
“Johnson said, ‘let’s just write a song about going back out on the road.’ […] This is kinda our “On The Road Again” [Willie Nelson].”
Check back here on Friday, September 24th for our full review of Larry Fleet’s new record Stack Of Records.
Fans can join our Weekly Round-Up e-newsletter here, for the latest in country music and more news about future Larry Fleet releases.