We chatted with country songstress Ashland Craft about her debut album, TRAVELIN’ KIND due out this Friday, September 3rd. Here are five things to expect from the project.
- Ashland Craft did not intend to write nine out of the eleven songs off the project, but we’re so glad she did!
“Honestly it was never really a thing to me that I have to write every song. I just wanted whatever song that was going to compliment the record to go on the record. It’s always about that songs first.”
- She wants fans to really ‘feel’ the record and the story behind the songs.
“I think the biggest thing I hope is kind of the start of it all, is hopefully the fans seeing a little bit of my story and getting to connect with them on a deeper level, and connecting the music and the fans.”
- TRAVELIN’ KIND is intentionally the culmination of all aspects of life.
“I really wanted this project to capture all the little sides of life in general that we’re kinda going through right now and what we have gone through recently because I think real life is the best way to connect with people.”
- Some of the songs such as “Come Down” were written during the pandemic.
“That song touched me because it’s one of those more poetic-sense songs that remind me of who you are. If the pandemic hadn’t of happened, I don’t think those songs would have came to life.”
- Craft believes that songs [like hers] that came out of the pandemic are going to be some of the best music out there.
“It really made us get a little bit more hone in on what we wanted to say and how we wanted to say it. I predicted from day one when the pandemic happened that there’s going to be a ton of amazing music that comes out of this.”
Check back here on Friday, September 3rd and click here for our exclusive interview and full album review of Ashland Craft’s TRAVLIN’ KIND.
Fans can join our Weekly Round-Up e-newsletter here, for the latest in country music and more news about future Ashland Craft releases.