SmithField’s new music, an EP, ‘New Town,’ is out now, June 16th, on all streaming platforms. Check out five things to know about the new music below.
- The whole New Town record is a story from start to finish that displays ‘SmithField 2.0’.
“Every song on the EP tells its own story, but the record as a whole is one long narrative about ups and downs of life and love and relationships.”
- The title track felt really personal to the duo and truly embodies their journey and decade in Nashville.
“The song is about falling in love with the town all over again when you fall in love with somebody”
- With the release of this new project, SmithField hopes to breathe new life into country music male/female duos.
“It’s been ten years since we’ve had a female/male duo break, so we really hope we can be the new generation for what Sugarland and Thompson Square started many years ago.”
- Their song “Something Sexy” was inspired by other country artists and their songs that have the romance factor, like Chris Young, Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, and Faith Hill. The song happened effortlessly during a write.
“There are 12 references to country music artists and their songs.”
- SmithField hopes the record inspires others to sit with their feelings and a cup of coffee. There’s truly a song for everyone on the new EP.
“Tre and I are really big coffee people. We love to have coffee talk every day. That’s where we like to share our hearts and our writing.”
Lean more and listen to SmithField’s New Town here.
Fans can join our Weekly Round-Up e-newsletter here, for the latest in country music and more news about upcoming SmithField announcements and releases.
New Town is available everywhere you buy or stream music. Take a listen below and check out more new recently released tunes on our ‘New Country Music’ playlist. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix.