We’ve all been there before. It’s the morning after a big night and everything seems blurry. The room is spinning, your head is pounding, it hurts to concentrate, and bright lights? Keep them away! Whether you’ve just spent the night at your favorite concert or are powering through a long music festival weekend, we’re sharing some of our favorite hangover remedies.
- Never Drink On An Empty Stomach. It seems like a given, but sometimes we get so caught up in the night, that we forget to grab a bite to eat! Make sure to keep your stomachs full, especially with a meal that includes carbs, to soak up all the alcohol before indulging in a long night of drinking.
- Water. How come it seems reasonable to drink 6 beers, but 6 waters? No shot. Water is perhaps the most important part of a night of drinking and if you can manage to get a few cups down throughout the night, you’ll thank yourself in the morning.
- Rally Patch. After being introduced to the product early this summer, our team swears by it. Rally Patch is something you can easily grab on their website or on Amazon. Stick it on before you start drinking and leave on for up to 24 hours for the best results. It’s all-natural and packed with a ton of vitamins to maintain nutrient levels during and after drinking.
- Pickle Juice. Although it sounds weird, the salty electrolytes in pickles can help your body recover after a long night. Take a shot and you’ll be feeling better in no time.
- Greasy Food. Pizza, McDonalds, Chipotle, Bacon-Egg-and-Cheese, whatever your go-to is, sometimes the best cure is just to fill up on your favorite fatty foods.
- Pedialyte. Drinking Pedialyte before bed and as soon as you wake up can work wonders for a hangover. It was originally introduced as a dehydration drink for sick kids, but was quickly embraced as a hangover remedy for adults, something the brand recognizes and actively embraces. Grab some packets from Amazon or your local drugstore and leave them by your nightstand with a bottle of water before heading out.
- Painkillers. Tylenol. Advil, Ibuprofen, whichever you prefer pop two of these before drifiting off to sleep to help avoid that headache when you wake up.
- Liquid IV. The hydration multiplier is a potassium, sodium and glucose powder that is added to water, making it nearly three times as hydrating as plain water. Grab the packets on Amazon or on their site and add to your water bottle before, after or during drinking to stay hydrated.
- Sleep. At this point, rest is your best friend. Sometimes all your body needs is some time to recover, so if your schedule allows it stay in bed as long as you can and get as much sleep as possible.
- Hair-of-the-dog. When all else fails, get up and give it another go. Sometimes the one thing that saves us from that awful hangover, is to keep drinking! So grab your friends and head to your local bar for some brunch and a round of Bloody Mary’s!
Thank You for supporting Country Music in NYC & Beyond!
Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Up here
for ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests, upcoming events,
and all things country music in the New York metro area and beyond!