Everyone knows the feeling of finding out that one of your all-time favorite artists are going on tour and coming to a venue near you. First, you experience the overwhelming excitement and “I have to go” feeling. Then, the eventual realization that seems like everyone else also wants to go, hits you. Even if the show is sure to sell out here are some tips and tricks to score tickets to the big show.
- Artist E-Newsletters – Subscribing to artist e-newsletters is a great way to find out about tour information. These e-mails usually include show information and pre-sale codes to all subscribers, not just fan club members. Other, unique and exclusive options are also generally announced via e-newsletter. Additionally, if more shows are added to a tour or tickets are added to a specific show you’ll be sure to find out first through these special e-mails.
- Venue E-Newsletters – Venues send out their own newsletters and sometimes include venue specific pre-sale dates and codes; plus venues occasionally announce show dates before a whole tour schedule is announced.
- Credit Card Pre-sales – Some credit cards partner with ticket sellers to offer pre-sales or exclusive packages to cardmembers before they go on sale to the general public. These offers might be announced last minute and in limited quantities, so be sure to check frequently
- Be Prepared – If all else fails, be prepared on the day and time that tickets go on sale. Before the on-sale time create an account or log-in to your account on the ticket seller website, before the on-sale time. Have your credit card information ready and be on the page for the specific tour date you would like to attend, so that when tickets go on-sale all you need to do is refresh the page.
- Check Back Later –Worst case, if you fail to get tickets when they go on-sale check verified ticket resellers frequently to see if anything becomes available. Tickets can usually be purchased up to the day of the show, so you might have some last minute luck!
Which tour are you most looking forward to catching in the new year? Check out our complete list of upcoming country music tours for 2019. and make sure you are subscribed to our Weekly Round-Up which includes tour announcements, upcoming events, ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests and more.
Thank You for supporting Country Music in NYC & Beyond!
Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Up here
for ticket giveaways, meet & greet contests, upcoming events,
and all things country music in the New York metro area and beyond!