New York! 5 Rising Country Stars You Should Be Listening To
There is no doubt about it, country music is making a rise in the New York City and its surrounding metro areas but with only the most well-known artists heading to our big venues, it might be hard to find your next favorite up and coming country act. New York Country Swag is here to help with a list of some new music we think you should have on your radar. Whether you love pop-country acts or something a little more traditional, check out these five rising stars…
1. Russell Dickerson – If you have been a fan of New York Country Swag and our events you know that Russell Dickerson will obviously be our number one pick. Dickerson released his debut single “Yours” into the world back in 2015 and has been on tour with some of country’s biggest acts since then. After closing out his opening set with Thomas Rhett’s Home Team Tour, he then transitioned to open for Florida Georgia Line’s Smooth Tour which is hitting the west coast over the next two weeks. His energetic live performance along with catchy lyrics and unique genre-bending melodies has led to huge success, all before his debut album hits shelves. Yours available for pre-order here, features 12 tracks including his latest smash single “Billions”.
For Fans Of: Thomas Rhett, Dierks Bentley
Our Favorite Songs: “Yours”, “Blue Tacoma”
Stay Connected: @Russelled
2. Ashley McBryde – Ashley McBryde charms with a haunting voice and brings life to honest stories. The Arkansas native moved to Nashville 10 years ago and has played her fair share of dive bars and biker hangouts perfecting her craft. Country music fans are starting to see what a kick-ass singer and songwriter she is, having the incredible opportunity to open for Eric Church this weekend in Alabama. McBryde sings her heart out on her latest single “Little Dive Bar in Dahlonega”, the story of perseverance and chance meetings. Sirius XM The Highway has also been playing the singles off her forthcoming debut LP and has recently announced she will be a part of the 2nd Highway Finds Tour which will make its NYC stop at Gramercy Theatre on October 21st.
For Fans Of: Chris Stapleton, Dixie Chicks, Miranda Lambert
Our Favorite Songs: “Little Dive Bar in Dahlonega”, “Girl Goin’ Nowhere”
Stay Connected: @AshleyMcBryde
3. Steve Moakler – A refreshing change from most artists who grew up in the south, Pennslyvania native Steve Moakler takes pride in his northeast roots, highlighting the people who helped shape him as an artist in his latest album Steel Town. The album presents a cohesive look into Moakler’s life and the lead single “Suitcase” gives off a “Die a Happy Man” vibe, just compelling listeners about a simple love story. Fun fact, Moakler co-wrote Dierks Bentley’s smash hit “Riser”.
For Fans Of: Brett Eldredge, Blake Shelton
Our Favorite Songs: “Suitcase”, “Wheels”
Stay Connected: @SteveMoakler
4. Carly Pearce – With debut single, “Every Little Thing”, currently sitting in the 8th spot on the country charts, Carly Pearce is headed for stardom. In a genre where female artists aren’t always given their fair shot, Pearce has a secret weapon, her tenacity and determination to make it in this business. One listen to the heartbreak ballad and you can understand why fans are quickly opening their eyes to the young songstress. Just like our top artist to listen to Russell Dickerson, Pearce’s debut album hits shelves everywhere on October 13th.
For Fans Of: Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles
Our Favorite Songs: “Every Little Thing”, “If My Name Was Whiskey”
Stay Connected: @CarlyPearce
5. Morgan Evans – Moving to the Nashville to pursue his music career further, a native of New Castle, Australia, Morgan Evans just released his first U.S single “Kiss Somebody”. The track is light, the perfect combination of pop-country and Evans’ smooth voice serenades his listeners. After seeing Keith Urban perform back in 2004, he knew that was the path he wanted to follow. Back in Australia, Evans’ band consisted of his brother and his best friend. When heading to the states, he found it was hard to find that chemistry, so he taught himself how to use a loop pedal and acquired the ability to tour alone. Along with his Australian accent, and his ability to create a backup band all on his own, he is a standout in the country genre.
For Fans Of: Keith Urban, Brad Paisley
Our Favorite Songs: “Kiss Somebody”, “Everything Changes”
Stay Connected: @MorganEvansMusic
Do you have a favorite new artist your listening to on repeat? Tweet us and let us know! @nycountryswag
Thanks for supporting Country Music in NYC!
Follow our Country Music Adventures on Instagram, @NYCOUNTRYSWAG!
+ Shop the Store for your favorite Country Swag & Tag us to be featured. #nycountryswag
Join the Weekly Round-Up for upcoming event reminders, ticket giveaways and more!
– Team NYCountry Swag