Ashley McBryde: ‘Never Will: Live From a Distance’ – Review
Singer-songwriter, Ashley McBryde has been slowly releasing live tracks from her sophomore album Never Will since February. Today, she released a live recording of “Sparrow,” completing the 6-track EP.
The collection features the funny, yet vulnerable “First Thing I Reach For;” “Shut Up Sheila;” the ukulele-driven “Velvet Red,” the fiery “Voodoo Doll,” the current single, “Martha Divine,” and the emotional “Sparrow.” The live recordings sound nearly identical to the studio versions, which is a testament to McBryde’s talent and authenticity.
Never Will: Live From A Distance Tracklist:
- First Thing I Reach For (Ashley McBryde, Randall Clay, Mick Holland)
- Shut Up Sheila (Nicolette Hayford, Charles Chisholm)
- Velvet Red (Ashley McBryde, Patrick Savage, Daniel Smalley)
- Voodoo Doll (Ashley McBryde, Nicolette Hayford, Brandy Clark, Connie Harrington, Jake Mitchell, Aaron Raitiere)
- Martha Divine (Ashley McBryde, Jeremy Spillman)
- Sparrow (Ashley McBryde, Nicolette Hayford, Brandy Clark, Connie Harrington, Jake Mitchell, Aaron Raitiere)
Never Will dropped last year on April 3rd, right at the start of the pandemic. It peaked at number 5 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart and picked up CMA and GRAMMY nominations for Album of the Year and Best Country Album, respectively.
Fans can catch McBryde perform these songs in-person on her ‘This Town Talks’ Tour, and supporting Luke Combs on his ‘What You See Is What You Get’ Tour, both starting in June.
Fans can join our Weekly Round-Up e-newsletter here, for the latest in country music and more news about upcoming Ashley McBryde announcements and releases.
To keep up with Ashley McBryde follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Never Will: Live From A Distance is now available everywhere you buy or stream music. Take a listen below and check out more new recently released music on our ‘New Country Music’ playlist. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix.