NYCountry Swag’s 2017 Artists To Watch
2017 looks like a very promising year for emerging country artists. There’s a ton of new blood in the mix and although it is becoming increasingly hard to define the country music genre as a whole, there’s a few standout artists who are adding their own unique flare to the game, setting them apart from the rest. With that, here’s our 2017 personal faves —
- Seth Ennis – Not only did he co-write his debut single, “Woke Up In Nashville”, but Ennis also plays ALL of the instruments on the record. This mega talented singer-songwriter is an incredible addition to the country music world.
Listen: Woke Up In Nashville
Stay Connected: @Seth_Ennis
- Trent Harmon – Holding the reigning title as American Idol, the Season 15 winner brings a unique, soulful sound to country music. With the recent release of his debut single, “There’s A Girl”, climbing the charts, Harmon is set to make a big splash in the airwaves this year.
Listen: There’s A Girl
Stay Connected: @OfficialTrentHarmon
- High Valley – This Canadian Country Duo made up of brothers, Brad & Curtis Rempel, have already made an impression on the charts with their debut single, “Make You Mine”. If you have the chance, make sure to catch them now before they become the headlining act!
Listen: Make You Mine
Stay Connected: @HighValleyOfficial
- Runaway June – There’s no stopping Runaway June, the #GirlGang of Country Music. This beautiful and talented trio are making an impact with their debut single, “Lipstick” and paving new routes for Women in Country Music.
Stay Connected: @RunawayJuneOfficial
- Brett Young – Although an injury prevented Young from playing for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, this athlete-turned-musician soon found a new outlet to put him in the spotlight. The singer-songwriter hit a homerun in the country music world, scoring instant success with his debut Single, “Sleep Without You”.
Listen: Sleep Without You
Stay Connected: @BrettYoungMusic
- Ryan Hurd – This super talented singer-songwriter has not only written songs for Dierks Bentley, Florida Georgia Line and more, but he already grabbed his first #1 as a co-writer on “Lonely Tonight”, recorded by Blake Shelton & Ashley Monroe. Now, putting his own voice to the songs he has penned, Hurd is paving his way to what’s sure to be some chart-topping music.
Listen: City Girl
Stay Connected: @RyanHurd
- Russell Dickerson – This Triple Tigers Records flagship artist and Nashville native is set to take off in 2017. His contagious energy and stellar performances gains him instant fans in any room he walks in. After his lead single, “Yours” was named one of The Knot’s “Best Wedding Songs of the Year” and won the hearts of all hopeless romantics everywhere; Dickerson is setting himself up for an epic 2017. (Before he hits the road with Thomas Rhett, Catch him at our Country Brunch in NYC on Sunday, 1/29! – Tickets Here)
Stay Connected: @Russelled
- Walker Hayes – Singer-songwriter, Walker Hayes has managed to create perhaps one of the most unique forms of country music to hit airwaves. Blending rap and country together, this fresh new sound is one only Walker Hayes can pull off.
Listen: Your Girlfriend Does
Stay Connected: @WalkerHayes
- Luke Combs – Taking the country music world by storm, literally. The newcomer’s debut single, “Hurricane”, leaves a prominent new mark on country music today. This rising star brings a new level of talent and vocal skills to the table making him a promising new artist to watch in 2017.
Stay Connected: @LukeCombsMusic
- Drake White – Drake White has a voice that is set to conquer 2017. His recent single, “Makin’ Me Look Good Again”, showcases his raw talent with its graceful riffs and powerful chorus. The best is yet to come for Drake White.
Listen: Makin’ Me Look Good Again
Stay Connected: @DrakeWhiteStomp
There you have it, our Top 10 Picks for 2017. We are looking forward to hearing more from all of the amazing artists and new music coming to 2017.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram (@NYCOUNTRYSWAG) to catch a glimpse of our Country Music Adventures in NYC + Chances to win tickets, giveaways & more!
– Team NYCountry Swag